Structure and Organization
To manage the Community Outreach area, there are different units with well-defined roles coherent with the mission, the institutional strategic plan, and the university’s general regulations, which are also coordinated at a national as well as regional levels in order to support the achievement of the institutional goals.
This is how, on a strategic level, it is the Directive Board the superior collegial body and the university’s highest authority that, according to the statute, it is responsible for its direction and orientation. For the university’s superior direction, the Directive Board gives the appropriate attributions to the Rector and the superior authorities in order to guarantee the well-management of the institution. The Rector, among his/her functions, has to:
- Promote institutional development according to the university’s mission, safeguard its prestige and propose the Directive Board policies, working plans, and the university’s activity programs.
- Direct the university as a whole, assigning functions for academic and administrative management.
- Conduct the university’s international relations.
- Lead the university’s superior board and the rectory committee, and
- Safeguard institutional quality assurance, among other matters.
To achieve the above, the Community Outreach General Direction finds support:
- On a strategic level: firstly, on the Directive Board’s agreements and guidelines defined by the Rector, related to institutional matters; and secondly, on the macro definitions established in the Institutional Strategic Plan as well as in the University’s Community Outreach Policy.
- On an academic and branch level: through the branches’ Community Outreach committees, which operationally work in the implementation of activities, programs and projects at a local level. This committee meets monthly except during the vacation period.
The branches’ Community Outreach committees are formed by the following members:
|Viña del Mar||Santiago||Concepción|
Structure and Organization of Community Outreach Coordination Committees
- Rector’s committee
- Community Outreach General Direction
- Community Outreach committee Viña del Mar
- Community Outreach committee Santiago
- Community Outreach committee Concepción
- Community Outreach coordination committees’ structure and organization
The collaboration role between each of these coordination levels works as follow:
- The Directive Board and the institution’s Rectory dictate the policies, strategic definitions and institutional priorities for the university’s Community Outreach, and the Community Outreach General Direction communicates them to the university’s community, through Community Outreach committees
- The Community Outreach General Direction provides part of the necessary funding to encourage the development of activities, programs, and projects in the institution. For that, every committee collaborates with their management and execution capacities and/or network access in different contexts (regional, national or international) for their successful development at an institutional level
- Branch committees are the operative and articulating arm at a regional level. They collaborate with the management, monitoring, registration and evaluation capacities for community outreach activities at a local level
- In important quality assurance processes, every committee collaborates in auto-evaluation processes, for example, in national and international accreditation processes